Friday, June 26, 2015

A lil' writing about writing.

Two posts in one day. I don't even know who I am anymore. It might be because I have been in bed all day feeling under the weather. Or maybe I am just avoiding math.

I'd say the latter.

Words come so easily to some people. It makes me sick. I take hours to write even a birthday card, let alone a blog post. I expect perfectionism in my most personal journals. Am I pressured to write beautifully for others? Do I feel the need to write super long, life-changing truths stringed into paragraphs to impress?

The answer is yes, I'm afraid to say.

I keep asking people how I can become a better writer. They almost always say something along the lines of, "Never stop writing. Don't overthink it. Don't edit anything. Just read and write."

Yeah. Easier said than done. But I'm working on it.

Spirit, be the guide for my writing, no matter what anyone else's opinions are, because I know it is what you want me to do:

"Write therefore the things that you have seen, those that are and those that are to take place…" (Revelation. 1:19)

No comments:

Post a Comment